Thursday, December 27, 2007

Greetings from the Keys

A few days ago my husband asked if I wanted to spend the New Years Holiday in the Florida Keys...my answer..BUT OF COURSE, who wouldn't!

It's only a 2.5 hour drive southward...our business is on hiatus this week. I could really use some R & R as we had had such a hectic fall, what with my step daughter getting married....a trip to Disney with our 6 grandchildren. Those same 6 plus their parents spending some time with us in our small but comfortable home. A 13 hour drive to NC for Thanksgiving. Somewhere in the middle of all that I found time to actually work, go Christmas shopping, wrap presents and decorate our home. Bake 12 dozen cookies, wrap and deliver them to friends. Then cooked for 2 days prior to Christmas for our annual Christmas party on Christmas day for 25 of our closest friends and family. Can you say EXHAUSTED? well I can...but in a good way.

So here I sit in beautiful Key Colony Beach, FL..in a lovely home, on a canal, steps away from either the Gulf of Mexico or the blue Atlantic. We stopped at Alabama Jacks on the way down, which serves the finest conch fritters anywhere...and just spent the evening visiting with friends. The stars are out in plenty tonight and the temperature...a balmy 77 degrees (and its after 10!!) My biggest dilemma over these next few days should be nothing less than, shall I have the blackened grouper or grilled?? Should we spend the morning at the Beach? or pool? Shall we fish for mangrove snapper or yellow tail snapper...decisions, decisions... ;-)

Happy New Year My friends!! Wish You Were Here!!

BIG HUGS!!

No comments: