Monday, November 27, 2006

The 30 Year High School Reunion






So.....after a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner for 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I arose early Friday morning to make my flight to NJ for my reunion...happy to report all went smoothly...JETBLUE is the best!!! No hassles, no one in the airports...rental car..no problem and made it to my hotel without a hitch albeit kinda tired. Rested and got ready to go....


Before I left my room...I took my own pic cuz...well I had a good hair day and frankly was pleased with my outfit and wanted to capture the look for posterity...that's ok right???




As I was driving over to the restaurant...I was feeling nervous, I don't know why really...I wasn't going to there impress, I didn't need to prove anything to anyone...all my memories of HS were good ( I guess that's what they call selective memory)......I was meeting girlfriends and was just looking forward to seeing folks I hadn't seen in 30 years...





Well I got my wish alright!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! How strange is it to look into a face, where there is a hint of the 18 year old kid I knew 30 years ago..but now the face is in an adult body...and all that goes with that...and that goes for me too!!!! Although, I really don't look anything like I did in HS.


People kept saying...YES..I remember you...hey what happened to your long blonde hair...I replied...I believe I left it in 1978 somewhere! lol



The evening was a complete success and all of my fears were for naught...after a few minutes and the shock of seeing all of us OLD PEOPLE wore off, we all had ourselves a pretty darn good time. The music was great...the food was delicious (after all it's NJ and the food is great everywhere) and most of all the company was fabulous...lots of laughs and good times shared! GO BENGALS!!





So without further ado..I shall share a few photos of me and old pals..I'm sure they won't mind...( I hope they don't)




Me, Janet & beth, I've known Janet since I was 4...and Beth since I was probably 7. Notice how they stuck our Grad Picture on us...this can be a good thing or a bad thing...depending how the years have treated you....


Me and my Friend Patty...she was in my Homeroom and as a couple of girls from said homeroom were commenting at the bar (in true Jersye style) " We had THE BEST F*#%ING HOMEROOM IN THE SCHOOL" (I swear she said it just like that too.....)



Old friends Rob & Russell on the dance floor...no they're NOT gay (not that there's anything wrong with that)


I kept thinking the whole night that I was partying with my parents friends....it was so "twilight zone..."


leelee & Doodles (and yes we really call each other that)
and finally leelee & Beeeeeeeeeeeeeel, another grammar school chum...
So that's my story....my 30th High School reunion...yikes...can't wait for the 40th!!

9 comments:

puerileuwaite said...

Don't worry. I'll be back tomorrow with the usual snarkiness and abuse.

In the meantime, I would like to request a picture or two from your HS days. You know, to contrast and compare.

But only if you feel like it.

puerileuwaite said...

In a followup POST, of course. All on the level.

eccentric recluse said...

yes, I quite agree, a HS pic would be a good thing. and if you are really adventurous, one from each, ahem, decade since...

leelee said...

ha ha...you guys are really asking for a lot from me...can't you just take my word for it that I held up pretty well?? LOL...

I'll see what I can do....

Oh brother...lol

puerileuwaite said...

While we're at it, were you a cheerleader? I could use the pep ...

leelee said...

Oh no P...I absolutely was not a cheerleader..I was a "rocker" chick..I was into long hair, embroiderd denim shirts, bandanas and rock and roll..no disco and never a cheerleader..

Sean said...

i went to my 10th and was really glad i did. i'd spent alot of time going back and forth, i felt kinda loser-ish for not having finished college yet. no 2.5 kids. or shiny red sports car. but when i got there and saw how much more i'd lived than some of those people... and it was great to see my core group of friends.

however i still can't think of a high school reunion without think of "gross pointe blank". especially with the graduation photos thingie.

you look awesome!

leelee said...

Sean...Thanks...for me..the reunion really put my life into perspective..once again...it's good to step away from your daily routine and take a look at arms length..I have much to be grateful for..30 years later...I never dreamed I would have the life I have and love..I'm blessed.

I'd reccomend you going to your 20th, 30th and even 50th if they have them...it's a great way to gain perspective..

Thanks for your kind words..

HUGS!

~leelee~

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?