Thursday, December 07, 2006

6 Weird Things About Me

I'd like to thank JL4 for tagging me

This is the deal: "According to the rules, each player of this game starts with the title "Six Weird Things About Me." People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own six weird things and state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose six people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says, 'You are tagged!' in their comments and tell them to read your blog!"

I can do this so here goes:

1. I really, really enjoy peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches on soft white bread. I don't eat them often because..well they are probably about 1500 calories..but they are so good..hey...you said weird!

2. I can bend the tops of my fingers without bending the remaining joints



3. My daughter says I am weird because I "sing" all the time...I have always made up songs..I sing to her, I sing to the dog, I sing to my husband. "Please someone..please....would you feed the dooooooooooooog" and things like that...

4. I save bags...yes an original bag lady..it's very difficult, I'd say impossible for me to throw out a paper shopping bag.. No matter what the size...I must keep them..this has proven smart in the long run, because i ALWAYS find a use for them..now the jar thing....I need to work on....

5. I cannot stand towels hung sloppily...it drives me crazy! I can't walk by without straightening them...

6. I'm extremely friendly...to most everyone I meet or come in contact with..I always call wait staff and checkout personnel by the names on their tags. "Thank you Doris, you have yourself a nice day" Recently in NJ, I walked up to the gas station attendants and asked them if they were "Gas pump guys" they looked up at me and nodded...I proceeded to commend their good work. " Wow..(I said), you are actually sitting out here in the cold waiting to pump gas for folks....thank you for that...one thing though.....should you be smoking here??????"

NJ is the only state where you are NOT allowed to pump your own gas....cool huh? I have friends who have never in their lives pumped gas...they told me, they wouldn't know how to do it...so funny!

Ok those are just 6 things I could think of off hand that would been seen as somewhat weird..thanks again JL4..for tagging me..and now for my 6:

Paula
Pug
ER
Mayden
Wombat
/t


HAVE FUN!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

done,

six weird things

have you linked now at mo'po and will be looking in at you

/t.

eccentric recluse said...

OK, I outed myself in a humiliating way. This meme thing could get out of hand you know...

Anonymous said...

btw,
leelee,
that hand thing
is kinda weird...

it looks like it might be painful

/t.

leelee said...

E_R you are no weirder than teh rest of us..thanks for playing along


/t...it isn't painful and thankfully they are not frozen into that ghastly grip...by looking at me, you would never even guess I had that weird talent..

Sean said...

you look so normal....

leelee said...

lol....ya think? c'mon Sean we're all kinda weird..

:-)

puerileuwaite said...

Let's review, shall we?

1) Some subjects are taboo even for yours truly. This sandwich of yours is one of them. I don't think even Elvis would've liked it.

2) I'll scratch your back (once I learn to contort my hand like that ... I'll consult my local Buddist monk), if you'll scratch mine.

3) It's an early sign of mental illness. Oh, no offense intended, as I have the SAME habit. Every day (thankfully I only do this around the house) I song verse or a comedic saying that is my "phrase of the day". And yes, I used to be known for my song parodies, a la Weird Al.

4) Ditto for me being a pack rat. But in the past month or so, I've been streamlining* (* getting rid of things that I cannot use right now).

5) Must be OCD. I do the same things. Everything must be in place. I am like "Monk" in that regard.

6) Finally, we reach the place where you and I are radically different. Generally in public I am reserved. The many jerks that I encounter tend to wear me down, though I consciously strive to resist adapting to them. If we all do that, the world rapidly becomes a much shittier place.

Except in certain social occasions where alcohol is present. Then I can be very outgoing. Likewise if I'm in a really good mood. However, if someone is friendly and outgoing to me, I always reciprocate. Life is too short. I have a great deal of admiration for folks who "put themselves out there" - and consistently strive to be friendly in a sincere, geniuine (i.e. - non-manipulative) manner.

Paula said...

Leelee,
I'm working on it! I'm not ignoring you, I swear! It'll be some time next week before I can get it done, the list of my weirdness being so long and all and only being able to talk about six. Sheesh!

Paula said...

Oh, and you are not weird at all.

Except maybe how normal your weirdness is,

leelee said...

Paula...I never for one moment felt igonored...goodness..people have actual lives that don't evolve around blogger......don't they??? :-)

It'll be fun to read YOUR weirdness WHEN you have the time..

enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

lives
that don't
revolve around
blogger...

nahhh

/t.

puerileuwaite said...

Hey ... Leelee didn't acknowledge my last comment ... what gives?

Oh ... we can't have nice blog relationships ...

leelee said...

P...don't fret dear...I have been tied up (not literally) with holiday stuff...I'm here now....

Weird Things 1 & 6 aside..we seem to once again be on the same page..

not to worry about that sandwich..I have to eat it in private because no one can handle it..I promise to brush my teeth immediately afterward to dispose of any tell tale signs of it.

As for being outgoing...I would ask that you stay the same Pug you are...don't change a bit...I will continue to be my friendly outgoing self..this could work...

Of course we can have a nice blog relationship...

leelee said...

/t...I swear you can have a life outside blogger....it CAN happen if you really want it too.

Anonymous said...

i tried
it once
but got all
sweaty and shaky
until i could return

i'm ok now, tho... now, tho... now

/t.

leelee said...

Ok /t...don't panic...take a deep breath...you're here now...and that is a GOOD thing...it may be more difficult for some to have lives outside of blogger..and THAT'S OK!! We will support you....won't we friends?