Friday, January 25, 2008

Swimsuit Weather

Our Beach




Its January and I am ordering swimsuits. Living in Florida allows me to shop for swimsuits all year round, also keeps me working towards keeping fit and being able to actually wear one in public.

This past fall, I made a commitment to myself to go into my 50th year with a "winner take all" attitude. I've been exercising and eating right and feel pretty darn good about wearing a swimsuit. again I say 50...shmifty, I don't care what the number is, it's all about how I feel.

So I've been perusing the "internets" and found some cute suits.



I found this one on sale (yes it has a bottom)



and this on is on sale too



I thought this was pretty so I ordered it as well (it also comes with a bottom)




It's quite wonderful to live in a clime that allows me to go to the beach all year round and I never thought I'd be wearing a swimsuit dare I say a 2 piece suit at my age...it's amazing what one can accomplish when one puts her mind to it..and as they say...when in Rome...in this case when in Florida....
I'm off to the gym.......






11 comments:

The Phosgene Kid said...

Good for you! I tend to avoid the beach, no one needs to see this in a bathing suit.

leelee said...

I suppose its not too difficult to avoid the beach in Arizona..on the other hand, it's kinda like one big beach sans water.

Serena said...

Really cute swimsuit choices. Makes me wish I lived in Florida. Maybe one of these days... Hopefully, while I can still show my face in public in a swimsuit.:)

puerileuwaite said...

They DO come with bottoms? Great! I'll wear the bottom then!

leelee said...

Serena, Come visit!!!

P - we'd make quite a pair!!

Mayden' s Voyage said...

I can only wonder what you were like at 40, or 30 :)
Yeahhh- good for you.
One of my favorite speakers often says this, "I look forward to getting older because I KNOW every year gets better- and they do."

I agree~ Every year is what we make it...the bottom line is to be mindful of that.

leelee said...

Mayden you're right. It's SO all about what we want out of life. That's the thing I think we forget, we get to choose how to live our life. Not the events in our life, but how we get to live it. Make sense? I think you know what I am talking about.

As far as when I was 30 or 40...I had my daughter when I was 30...about 2 years after that..I got into shape. Lost weight etc. About a year before I turned 40..I started working out in the gym..now mind you, I've had my ups and downs, but living in Florida has kept me at least trying to be fit. Not much opportunity for sweats, coats and sweaters.
No wehre to run to...no where to hide...lol

Thanks for stopping by, I'm happy your blogging still :-)

HUGS!!

NYD said...

I've I'd love to be able to get to the beach. As a consolation I'm going snowboarding next weekend.

leelee said...

Oh FUN NYD...I'll bet you are fairly decent at that. Snow isn't bad if you can play in it.

Missed you, thanks for coming by!

HUGS!!

~ej said...

great suits, i like the pink top...lol, no bottoms...maybe it's just jeans ;)

leelee said...

Don't think I'll be sporting a bathing suit top and jeans...thats pushing it a bit far for an old lady like me...lol..there was a time however....................................................