Monday, May 14, 2007

Assumptions

Assumption
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


An assumption is a
proposition that is taken for granted, in other words, that is treated for the sake of a given discussion as if it were known to be true.
In logic, more specifically in the context of
natural deduction systems, an assumption is made in the expectation that it will be discharged in due course via a separate argument.
I make assumptions too often and I need to work on that..I'm putting this on my blog as a validation and to be accountable...if I actually publish this, then perhaps I will think twice before I do it again..
Ok this is weird...but I needed to do it.. :-)

9 comments:

Paula said...

Well, you know what I always say when I make assumptions that blow up in my face...f**k em' if they can't take a joke.

leelee said...

Ha ha..Paula..

I suppose that is one way to handle it..

:-)

puerileuwaite said...

I'm going to assume that you have a good reason for posting this. Something to do with taking my proposition for granted, perhaps.

Queenie said...

Mmmm, by natural deduction, I know you have a reason to remind yourself. But remember darling you are only accountable to yourself!!

leelee said...

Pugsly..I would NEVER take any proposition from you for granted...if YOU are propositioning me...then I am a lucky girl...Thae Dashing Pug!!

Yes, Queenie, you are quite right and I am accountable to me for sure...I posted this so I could see it in print..as a gentle reminder. This is just another piece of life's puzzle I am working on. It's a constant playing of the pieces isn't it. All is good..Once I call on myself..I am capable of making the adjustment. Thanks for caring :)

Serena said...

I make a lot of assumptions. Unfortunately, they usually turn out to be correct, no matter how much I don't want them to be.

leelee said...

See that's the rub SJ...my assumptions usually Don't turn out right..and I end up with egg on my face..

~shrug~

Serena said...

Ah, well, stuff happens. Some we win, some we lose. Everything else, I usually get bass ackwards. We can always fry up some bacon to go with the egg on our face.

leelee said...

That is true...in any case..you bloggers are wise..I'm glad I put this post out there...I appreciate your feedback...now I can let it go..and move on...Thank you Serena.. :-)