Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Circle Game




My 18 year old daughter is leaving home on wednesday. She's going to college in January and wanted to get settled and work full time before she starts. Friday she and I drove 3 hours to find and apartment and a job. We did well and she signed a 12 month lease in some student housing.

Gosh I'm filled with so many emotions. I am so happy and proud of her, but darn it if I won't miss her. Yeah, yeah I know..."she drove you crazy" you're going to say...and yes she did...my god did she ever. But as I said to her moments ago..."why is it when your kid finally becomes someone you like to be with and can actually talk to...they decide it's time to move out!" She laughed and knew what I meant. I cried and hugged her tightly.

She's grown into a lovely young lady and I know she will be successful..I just don't know where the time has gone ~sigh~


10 comments:

Paula said...

Oh Leelee, I know just how you feel. My youngest went off to school two years ago. Just give yourself time and do lots of lovely things with your husband. Oh, and talk on the phone at least once a week. She'll be fine and so will you.

leelee said...

PJ, thanks for your support...I know we'll all be fine, it'll just be a bit of an adjustment.

puerileuwaite said...

The pictures were cute. Her expression in the last one made me laugh. Hang in there. She's not gone, just away temporarily!

leelee said...

I know...it's all good...but still.....................~sniff~

JL4 said...

Your real identity is Jamie Lee Curtis?

leelee said...

OMG...NOW MY SECRET IS OUT!!!!

Please no paparazzi...I'd like to continue to enjoy my relative obscurity!

Sean said...

thos are some great pictures. sounds like she's still close enough for the occassional trip home for laundry services and money though?

leelee said...

Oh yeah...for sure...just far enough I imagine. Plus it gives me an excuse to go visit that area..which has a lot to do and see!

I love those pics..good times...good times...my girl!!!

Sean said...

so what parts of blondie do you closely identify with?

Sean said...

so what parts of blondie do you closely identify with?