Wednesday, September 27, 2006

This I Believe

I am A proud Liberal, I am a proud American

If by a “Liberal” they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people — their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties ... if that is what they mean by a “Liberal,” then I’m proud to say I’m a “Liberal.” – Senator John F. Kennedy 9/14/1960 New York

I heard this quote this morning on The Diane Rehm Show and it struck a chord with me. The gentlemen who used the quote actually substituted the word "Liberal" for the words "Value's Voter". The guests were discussing Christian Voters.

I'm proud to be a LIBERAL and a VALUE'S VOTER...and I have resented somewhat the highjacking of values by the far right. My values are in alignment with most Americans I would have to say. Just read the quote...wouldn't YOU agree with those words? Sounds like just being an American to me...that's how I was raised anyway!

Perhaps what we need to start doing is BEGIN BY or GO BACK to voting with our conscience, instead of rubber stamping our parties choices. My wish is that the good people of this country will actually take the time to really listen to what the cadidates are saying and what they stand for..and leave the strategists and spinners of each side out of their decision..

All I'm asking is that you THINK, THINK, THINK this time around..and may the best man or woman win and work for THE GOOD OF OUR COUNTRY.

4 comments:

puerileuwaite said...

I am totally in agreement with you. But then, we ARE twins, are we not?

leelee said...

P...didn't we go to different high schools together?

puerileuwaite said...

I'll never tell!

leelee said...

it'll be our little secret! ;)