Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Timely quotes to chew on




"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear". Thomas Jefferson



"Governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government.” Thomas Jefferson




4 comments:

Paula said...

Did watch the Count Down last night?
#1 was excellent.

leelee said...

Actually I didn't PJ..but I did watch the video of his commentary today. HOnestly, some people don't feel Olbermann is qualified to make commentary, but I feel that as an American (WITH AN AUDIENCE)...he certainly is within his rights..and I happen to agree with what he says. I'm glad he's out there making a stink about it! I hope folks are at least taking the time to THINK!!! Agree or not..just THINK!!!

puerileuwaite said...

Thomas Jefferson is my favorite of all the Jeffersons. Really, I mean it. Why are you looking at me like that?

leelee said...

Well P as you can see I AM a fan of Thomas...but I also really admire Lionel.