Friday, April 18, 2008

Sad News

SUNRISE - Bruce Springsteen's Friday night concert at BankAtlantic Center has been postponed because of the death of a longtime Springsteen bandmate, a spokesman for concert promoter LiveNation said on Thursday.

News of keyboardist Danny Federici's death was announced on Thursday night at Springsteen's official Web site."Danny Federici, for 40 years the E Street Band's organist and keyboard player, died this afternoon, April 17, 2008 at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City after a three-year battle with melanoma," the Web site said.Federici, 58, was not touring while he underwent treatment, but had made a surprise appearance on stage at a March 20 Springsteen concert in Indianapolis.


11 comments:

Schmoop said...

I heard that. It's a shame. Sorry to hear about the postponement as well. I guess you will have to make "alternate plans". Cheers Leelee!!

leelee said...

yeah..it is a shame..a loss for sure.

I'm not worried about us..we'll figure something out.

Thanks!! and HUGS!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

So sad.... Dad alerted me this morning as you know...

I would expect they will reschedule after their European swing...

Ed & Jeanne said...

I read that too. He wasn't at the concert I went to though. Too bad they postponed but I understand.

leelee said...

Yes Bond..perhaps they will. We shall see.

VE - I understand too,..my loss of going to the concert seems insignificant compared to the bands loss.


Thanks guys

HUGS!!

Jeff B said...

It shows class that they didn't take a "The show must go on" attitude.

From what I understand Federici and Springsteen were childhood buddies.

Bummer for you too.

NYD said...

I'd rather see the band after they have said their goodbyes instead of while they are grieving; better vibes.

The Phosgene Kid said...

That's too bad. I had read the article and thought of you, didn't realize it put off your plans though.

leelee said...

Jeff - Yes, I agree..they do hve class and heart.

NYD - me too I do hope they reschedule.

Phos - Thanks Phos. Life happens.

HUGS all!!

puerileuwaite said...

Springsteen had a keyboardist?

leelee said...

Yes Pug..they were life long friends